Sunday, May 30, 2010
My grand entrance is at 15 seconds. Mariclaire liked the idea of robots at a dance party, and the piece got weirder from there. This was a fun work to participate in.
Saturday, May 15, 2010
What is "Romulus Ate"? Is it
a.) a dance concert
b.) a light show
c.) a rock show
d.) a journey
e.) ALL OF THE ABOVE
The answer is E, ALL OF THE ABOVE!
Micheal Howell- Director, Composer
Alex Van Bavel-Lighting
Lisa Kobdish-Choreography, Dance
Mariclaire Gamble-Choreography, Dance
Janna Rock-Choreography, Dance
Taylor Kirk-Live Sound
Sarah Thornell- Costume Design/Construction
Beauty Thibodeau-Hair and Makeup Design/Application
Anna Fugate- Makeup Artist
Using choreography created simultaneously with the music that accompanies it, lights operated from an onstage homemade light board, set pieces moving as part of the choreography, and electronic melodies combined with acoustic percussion, this dance/movement, music, and lights performance piece will explore performance semiotics at their core. The production team will also create a performance-world that can be erected in a minimal amount of time, in any venue, using homemade lights and set pieces.
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
A music video/documentary featuring Kevin Drew's "Gangbang Suicide" from his solo album, Spirit If...
Shot on Super 16mm - Arri SR - b&w and color film stocks
Original choreography designed and performed by Lisa Kobdish
Cinematography, Art Direction, Editing by Ben Kullerd
Produced by Caitlin Lundin
Special Thanks: Deb Lewis, Kurt Falkenhagen, Soren Jensen, Chrissy Shackelford, and Pepper mama.
- Studio Diaries:
Canción del Cuerpo
- Documentary on
El Colegio del Cuerpo's ProyectoMA
- Segment on NPR's “All Things Considered” on
El Colegio del Cuerpo
- Article on
El Colegio del Cuerpoby UNESCO
- UT Feature Story: “The Beginning of a Movement, Artists engage in a cross-cultural dialogue through dance in Colombia“ - 2/22/10
- Austin Chronicle Preview: “Canción del Cuerpo, Translated through the body” - 3/4/10
- DT Weekend: “Cross-cultural conversations in movement” - 3/4/10
- ¡ahora sí! Preview: “Dos mundos se unen para crear una obra de danza” - 3/4/10
- Austin Chronicle Review - 3/11/10
- Texas Exes Blog: "Innovative UT Dance Production 'Cancion Del Cuerpo' An Artistic And Cultural Milestone" - 3/11/10